Built in 1856-57 by the Genesee Valley Railroad to span the Conesus Outlet. The 200-foot long, 12-foot wide limestone bridge was part of the Rochester-Avon-Geneseo-Mount Morris line. Avon became a railroad hub connecting Buffalo-Rochester-Corning and Hornell. The line was electrified in 1907, with three runs daily between Rochester and Mount Morris. In 1941, the Avon-Mount Morris section was abandoned and the rails removed.