By Becky McKeown, Livingston County NY Tourism Social Media Strategist
Livingston County, New York offers plenty of fun for the vacationing foodie, wine enthusiast, outdoor adventurer and history lover.
Want to plan your trip in advance? After you’ve picked out the places you want to see, you’ll need to pack your bags. But what should you bring on your Livingston County “field day” of a vacation? We’ve listed some “must-haves” for your suitcase below.
- Hiking boots- Livingston County has plenty of places to hike, like Stony Brook State Park, Letchworth State Park, and the Genesee Valley Greenway Trail. Spend a day exploring nature and enjoying the plants and wildlife in the area.
- Swimsuits, water shoes, sunscreen and a good book- With refreshing lakes like Conesus and Hemlock, Livingston County is the perfect place for those who love relaxing by the water.
- Fishing and boating gear- Fishermen and boaters rejoice! Livingston County is a great destination for you. Click here to see areas where fishing is allowed and
- Camera and journal- The scenery is gorgeous and certainly inspiring no matter what time of year you decide to visit. Make sure to document your travels with plenty of pictures and journal entries.
- Your appetite- Livingston County has plenty of unique restaurants serving the best food and wine around! Make sure you’re hungry so you can enjoy all the local food and drink. See some of the county’s best restaurants here.